Monday, February 27, 2012

Music Monday- Psychedelic Furs "Pretty in Pink"

Many people have memories associated with music. A song you heard on your first date, music that your grandparents always played, a song that made you smile, or one that made you cry. Music Monday, is a time to share those memories.

This Monday, in honor of the Oscars last night, I picked the Psychedelic Furs "Pretty in Pink." Now I have to admit that I listened to the Psychedelic Furs way before the movie "Pretty in Pink" ever came out. However, the movie maker John Hughes is responsible for making one hit movie after another in the 80's, specifically one's associated with teen angst. Some of these movies I saw with groups of friends, others I saw with dates. I still enjoy watching these movies and hearing the soundtracks. They are classics for my generation.

So when the song "Pretty in Pink" was picked for the movie I was thrilled. Although I like the original compilation of the song better, the version below shows clips from the movie. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment