Thursday, December 1, 2011

I Did It!

So the month of November is over and so is NaBloPoMo, which was to post a blog a day for the month. I managed to post a blog everyday. Admittedly, sometimes it was a stretch, Angry Birds are not exactly genealogy material (unless you are a descendent of mine reading this sometime in the future).

What did I learn about blogging everyday? Well.....

  • I'm pretty much what is called an "organic writer." Meaning some people will chart out topics in outlines, calendars, web graphs, etc. I'm not one of those people. If something strikes me or I get an idea I just write about it. If I had to chart ideas I would have writer's block--it's happened before. It's awful.
  • There are some ideas that ferment in the back of my mind for a while.
  • I really enjoy writing and connecting with people through writing.
  • I enjoyed writing everyday and I like deadlines (somehow they are motivating).
  • I still have a couple ideas to blog about that never made it to November. They are still fermenting.
So there you go. I can't say that I will be blogging everyday in December. It's the holiday season, I have two young kids and there is more crazy around here on top of the usual crazy. Plus I don't want to worry about blogging on Christmas or Boxing Day. Yes, I am an American who has a special place in her heart for Boxing Day. Go figure! Anyway, as always, thanks for reading.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Cinamon, way to go on completing the challenge! Congrats! I did it too, which shocked ME most of all! You have a good list of things learned in your post, I had some similar lessons, except I'm no good with deadlines. Had that in a former life, and now I'm just done with deadlines!

    ReplyDelete