Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Image courtesy of The Graphics Fairy

This Mother's Day, I'll be having brunch with my husband and two boys in the morning, and then I have the rest of the day to myself. I've been told I don't even have to be concerned about what to make for dinner. Aaahhhh.... I feel relaxed already. The only thing that could make my day better, would be hanging out with my mom. She lives in another state and I only get to see her once or twice a year.

My mom is a great mother. Of course when I was growing up, we had our moments like any parent/child does, but I'd like to think those moments weren't too bad or often. She is an artist and has an artists spirit even though that isn't her job now. As a child I traipsed through many museums in various cities, sat in the back of art classes she taught or took, and watched her create pieces of art at home. Growing up with my mom was fun and even better, I like hanging out with her now.

So I hope you all have a lovely Mother's Day, whether you are a mother or are spending time with your mother. But most especially, I wish my mother a Happy Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment