Monday, January 23, 2012

Music Monday-Etta James

A lot of memories are made involving music. Music Monday is a time to share a song and the memory you associate with it. This week in light of the passing of Etta James, I've chosen At Last.

Before I met my husband I had a lot of dating disasters. No, really... I did. In fact, I had reached the point of acceptance that I would be the wacky school teacher on the block, who drove the beater car, and instead of a house full of cats I would have dogs. Then I met my husband. We spoke on the phone a few times before actually setting up a date. The conversations had been really good so the first date seemed promising. It turned out to be awkward. Where the conversation was easy and flowed over the phone, it was strained on the date. Later I found out he was so nervous, he didn't know what to say.

Needless to say, the second date was much better and led to many more dates. We got engaged a year later, and married a year after that. At our wedding for our first dance we chose At Last by Etta James. I know a lot of couples pick this song... it just says it all.

Etta James was a special lady who provided a lot of special moments through her music. May she rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment