Monday, January 16, 2012

Music Monday- Memories With Music

Okay, so I'm starting a new topic for Mondays. I have so many memories associated with so many different songs. The emotions range from happy, content, sadness, love, and joy. I don't think I'm alone in this. How many times have you heard people say, "Oh! This song came out when I was in..." or "My (fill in the relative) used to sing or dance to this song when or while..." Music, like the sense of smell can bring powerful memories or emotion.

This weekend I walked into a store and heard "Who Loves You" by Frankie Vallie and The Four Seasons. I immediately thought of my mom and riding around in her blue Nova (a car that almost killed me, but that's another story) when I was a kid. The song was released in 1975 and is a quintessential 70's song. I actually lingered in the store to hear the whole song and I left smiling. I've posted the video below for you to enjoy and it is truly a highlight of a 70's recording session (and style). 

So what memories do you have associated with music?




1 comment:

  1. Oh, but I have a LOT of memories associated with music! Good topic for Mondays ;)

    ReplyDelete