Thursday, May 26, 2011

Why a blog?

I love genealogy! It is my 2nd biggest passion, the first being my family of course. So why blogging? Well, I can only talk so much genea-speak with my husband, family and non-genie friends. They vaguely understand the thrill of a find or frustrations of an elusive ancestor. They most certainly do not understand the lingo; primary/secondary sources, direct/indirect evidence, or citations. So here I am.

My current obsession are the Gunters. Richard William GUNTER who was born abt. 1828 in North Carolina, and died 1903 in Santa Barbara, California was my ggg grandfather. I have been after the identity of his parents for... well, a while. Some days I can think of little else. It's an obsession only a fellow genealogist can appreciate and perhaps sympathize with. We've all been there and maybe, like me, still are. I don't call it a brick wall. The information is out there, I just haven't stumbled upon it yet.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cinamon! I know exactly what you mean when you say there is just so much genea-speak you can do with close friends and family. So to keep from chatting everyone around me into a coma when I get all hyped about my research, I too launched my blog on New Year's Day this year and I'm so glad that I did! I've enjoyed visiting your blog today and I promise to visit you often. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain, Cinamon. Welcome to the genealogy blogging community!

    ReplyDelete