Saturday, May 19, 2012

NGS, SLIG, FGS... Oh My!

It has been a week since NGS ended and it sounds like it was very successful. I kept up to date with many of the bloggers who were there blogging about the sessions they attended, products they saw in the vendor hall, and the lastest news being released at the conference. There was a Kentucky session I wish I could have sat in on, since I have ancestors who made a pit stop there for a generation or two in their migration westward. Well, if you missed this year's NGS conference the 2013 conference will be in Las Vegas. NGS is already advertising it, and you can book your hotel now. Should be fun, after all it's Vegas Baby (sorry couldn't help myself).

If you are looking for something a little more focused on a single subject you might want to consider SLIG which runs January 14-18 2013. Registration opens up on June 2. There are a lot of wonderful courses to chose from and they go quick. There are also evening sessions and the benefit of the fabulous Family History Library to research in.

The next major conference to round out our current season is the FGS conference, taking place August 29-September 1, 2012 in Birmingham, Alabama. Early registration ends July 1st, so if you want to go you need to decide soon for a good discount. I'm still trying to figure out if I'm going to this one or not. It's a two hour drive away from me, so it is very convenient. However, due to other circumstances at that time I would need to figure out childcare. Which means I may not be able to go. The timing of both the NGS and FGS conferences are just not good for me this year. Oh well.... there's always 2013 and Vegas Baby!!! (he he he)

No comments:

Post a Comment