Monday, August 29, 2011

Tombstone Tuesday-Annie Fry


I don't know much about my ggg grandmother, Anna/Annie Fry. I know she married my ggg grandfather, George W. Fry in Missouri and they had two sons. The youngest son was born in 1871 and is my gg grandfather. Through family members that I have only exchanged emails with, I found out that Annie died around January 1873 in Denver, Colorado. Nothing else is known.

So the other day, after lunch my son wanted to watch a movie (one that we have watched together countless times), and I decided to amuse myself with Find-A-Grave while I sat next to him. I plodded through a list of ancestors and had a hit. Annie Fry! The gravestone is not in the best of conditions. It is located at Fairmount Cemetery in Denver, Colorado. I was very excited to see that an age was listed on the gravestone. This means I have an approximate birth date now.

There are other ancestors of mine that are buried in Colorado. They are listed on the Find-A-Grave website with no photo. I've requested for a volunteer to take one. We'll see what happens.

Isn't it funny how there are times you can reach such frustration in your research trying to find clues. Then you come across some very unexpected clues or answers that makes it all worth it. This was one of those times.

1 comment:

  1. Cinamon, it's been my experience over the course of three decades that certain ancestors will only be found when *they* want to be found and not until. I've searched for certain ancestors for years, and then while doing nothing different than I'd done a zillion times before, they simply popped up, as if saying "Okay, here I am". Searching for an elusive ancestor is akin to dealing with a moody child. They'll come out when **they're** good and ready! ;D

    ReplyDelete